- 2 Tbsp olive oil, coconut oil, or ghee
- 1 large onion, diced
- about 1 inch slice of fresh ginger, peeled and grated (about 1 tsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 to 4 cups broth or water
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped into coins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or other milk)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (optional)
1. place a stock pot on medium heat.
2. Once the pot is warm, add the oil.
3. Add the onions and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until they are becoming translucent.
4. Add the spices and salt to the onions, stir to coat them evenly.
5. Add the stock or water, and the carrots.
6. Bring the soup to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender throughout.
7. Add the coconut milk and stir to blend well.
8. Optionally, add the lemon juice and stir to blend well.
9. Blend the soup with a blender stick, or do it in batches using a blender.
10. Serve with goat cheese, lemon yogurt, pesto, roasted cauliflower, rice, or just have it plain.
Makes about 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Sodium: 483 mg
recipe source: www.comfybelly.com